Sunday, November 21, 2010

Anchors Away

It was the trip of a lifetime for Ray and Marilyn Vybiral and Gordon and Allene (Rudolph) Rondeau, when the 2 couples met up in Fairbanks, Alaska, and spent the next 2 weeks sharing a Princess cruise-tour of the 49th state. After enjoying time in Fairbanks,
the trip continued to Denali National Park, where the fortunate foursome saw the "big 5" of wildlife as well as most of Mt McKinley.
A visit to the late Susan Butcher's home allowed them to watch dog sled training and even experience a ride behind the dogs.

The final leg of the trip was the cruise thru the inside passage with numerous shore excursions, ending in Vancouver.
It was a dream come true for the 2 couples, one that I shared with them, if only vicariously. I must add I figured out how Ray funded part of this trip -- he's got one lucky wife! The most recent comment from Ray is "I already knew that --- she married me!!!".

No comments: