Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bound for Washington DC

Garland Edgell has once again located a group picture, this one from a senior class trip (or perhaps a DGHS trip) to Washington DC in the spring of 1957. I must admit I have absolutely no memory of this trip, and I wonder if I knew about it at the time, for I most certainly would have been an eager participant.



1. Donna McKay
2. Shirley Matuzas (Thanx to Carole Johnson Lehmann)
3. Gail Slansky
4. Mr. Corr
5. Charles Austin
6. Tom McMillan (he was a junior, class of '58)
7. Bob Pechinski
8. Garland Edgell
9. Rosemary Baker (Again, thanx to Carole)
10. MaryAnn Lola
11. Betty Cline

Garland had the following to say about the trip:

"The Washington trip wasn't exclusively for Seniors I guess because there were some non-seniors on it. It was done on spring break 1957.

Mr. Corr was one of two faculty - the other was a woman. There were only the four boys and a bunch of girls. I think the girls were really disappointed in that.

The group saw the capital, toured the White House, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, etc. We then took a ship from Baltimore down to Newport News, VA and toured Williamsburg. We ended up in Annapolis on Easter Sunday and attended church there with the midshipmen. I really liked the museum at the Naval Academy.

We took the train both ways and got little sleep. But we were young then.

There were a lot more on the trip than what were shown on my photograph. All girls. So at that dinner, there were probably at least two other tables I think. Wonder if anyone has any of the others."

If any of you have pictures or more info about this trip, let me know; I feel like I really missed out.

No comments: