Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A True Artist

I received the following from Florie Sick Baumann this winter (my responsiveness is slowing down in my advancing years). I know this will interest you as much as it did me: "I am part of a plein-air gallery. It is a cooperative and there are 14 of us. We each get a shot at being the featured artist on a wall of the gallery. It is my turn this month. My website is www.florabaumann.com where you can see more of my paintings. I paint out every week and have done for many years. Never knew I could do this. Took one art class at DGHS but dropped it since it was boring. Should have gone with Ellen to the Art Institute on Saturdays but I didn't know much about it. Ah, but, thankfully, I have lived long enough to find pleasure in art. I think it's never too late. People have many talents of which they are unaware until they try new things. You have to be prepared to fail a bit in the process."
As you can see, Florie is a very accomplished artist. Those of you in the San Francisco area should make it a point to look her up and check out her work -- you won't be sorry. Just one more thing: Florie and Fred recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a small party hosted by their 3 children. Our congrats to them and our wishes for at least 50 more!

No comments: