Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bill Fletcher: A Voice from the Past

After being "unavailable" for some 50 years, Bill Fletcher was enticed out of hiding by Judy Dian Larsen with a message via Facebook. What follows is Bill's response to Judy:

"I'm in Atlanta, where I've been since 1967, five years as a German professor at Emory Univ., eight years in city planning-related activities, and the last thirty years as a cabinet and furniture maker (to visit Bill's web site, click on the title of this post). I'm not much for reunions, so that's why you haven't seen me.

Been married for 44 years to Dorothy, who teaches art history at Emory. Best decision I ever made!

Four children: Eldest, Jessica, mother of two and museum conservator in Denver; Jeremy, jazz musician and teacher in Manhattan, father of one; Rosamond, architect in Brooklyn; and Rachel, coompleting a Master of Public Health at Univ. of. Minn.

I did enjoy looking at some of the DGHS photos on the occasion of the 50th reunion. Also took a virtual tour of DG on Google Earth.

Hope you are doing well."


I have looked at Bill's website, and I must tell you his furniture is outstanding. Check it out for yourself --- and if you're in the market for this, why not contact Bill? It's almost like keeping it in the family.

No comments: